Sapphire Battersea Review

July 13, 2012

HETTY FEATHER NO.2: SAPPHIRE BATTERSEA REVIEW
It's time for a change in Hetty Feather's life, it's a new name, new life, and new story. Well, behold Hetty's second adventure in Sapphire Battersea by Jacqueline Wilson.


Words from The Official Jacqueline Wilson Site -
Hetty Feather is a Foundling Hospital girl and was given her name when she was left there as a baby by her mother. But she always longed to be called Sapphire, after her sapphire-blue eyes. When she is reunited with her mother, she hopes her new name, Sapphire Battersea, will also mean a new life! But life doesn't always go as planned... 

Follow the twists and turns of Hetty's adventure as she goes out to work as a maid for a wealthy man. She longs to be reunited with her childhood sweetheart Jem - but also finds a new sweetheart, Bertie the butcher's boy, who whisks her away from her household chores to experience the delights of the funfair!

But Hetty's life may also take a darker path. Can she cope with the trials ahead?




What I thought-
This book was absolutely fantastic so good and the only time i could fault it was when it ended. Because i was engrossed in the book that I just wanted it to go on on and on forever. Hetty's life has a change of events and some of them will make you cry. It's a book that will have you interested, laughing, smiling and possibly crying. In my opinion the Hetty Feather Trilogy is one of the best Jacqueline Wilson has ever written. I really don't know how to explain it because i guess you really have to read it first.  I want to read it over and over again and would recommend it a 100 times to any one who will listen. I think their is a spot in every person, age and all who would enjoy the whole series but especially Sapphire Battersea. The ending leaves you wanting answers and gasping at the turn of events. But i guess those questions won't be answered until Emerald Star the final book in the Trilogy is released later this year. But for now read and re read the series, especially number two!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH AMELIA AND FAMILY FOR GETTING ME THIS BOOK XX!


Hetty Feather # 3: Emerald Star (Coming Soon)
PS. While I was surfing the very cool Official Jacqueline Wilson Fan Club I found this awesome Hetty Feather Poster!!! Plus a wallpaper with  popular characters from some of her best-selling novels on it!
Hetty Feather Wallpaper courtesy of The Official Jacqueline Wilson FC

1 comment

  1. Sounds like a good book! All my friends have read these books but I never got round to reading it. Guess I might now!

    xxx

    P.S; Love your blog, I'm now following! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank for stopping by my small corner of the web, I hope you enjoyed your time here. Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them. Sending you a thousand lovely days x

© A Sunny Spot. Design by FCD. Header using graphics from Freepik.